Tuesday, 4 November 2014

9 Bars- Fabulous Foods blog edition!

Some people blog about travel, others about fashion or beauty.  I have chosen to blog about cereal bars.

Increasingly frantic mornings trying not to be late for work coupled with my still sleepy body not quite recognising it's hungry have resulted in the bad habit of not always eating breakfast.  In the winter months I just don't seem to have time, which is probably due to the uninviting dark cold mornings which greet me as my alarm goes off...just five more minutes procrastination in my toasty bed, please!

I was on the search for something I could quickly grab on my way out the door, and when I was in Sainsbury's last fortnight I found 9 Bars!
I can't stop thinking about them.  I think I have a problem.
I've been vaguely aware of these before but never bought them because, let's face it...they are just a load of seeds smushed together.  That can't taste good unless you're a guinea pig, right?  WRONG.
These are honestly one of my favourite food finds ever!
I like to store my 9 Bars in a big Kilner jar.
They are packed full of goodness including sunflower, pumpkin, poppy and sesame seeds, are vegetarian, (most are vegan too), and contain no preservatives or artificial ingredients.

I would recommend 9 Bars if you are looking for an energy boost, maybe after playing sport or just to fuel a busy on-the-go lifestyle.  Far better than a chocolate bar or packet of crisps with empty calories, these provide a sustained boost which will really keep you going.  I often find I can have a bar for breakfast and not feel hungry again until it's lunchtime.

There are loads of flavours, but my favourites are the original version and the flax version.  You can buy online in bulk, 16 bars for £10.80 or as singles in most supermarkets.  They are currently on offer in Sainsbury's: 4 bars for £2.50!

Are there any other similar cereal bars you would recommend?  Let me know, because I would love to try them. 

Read more about 9 Bars on their official website 9Bar.com




3 comments:

  1. Jordan's breakfast ones :) I have the frusli ones but don't think those would fill you up as much so try the breakfast ones or belvita ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Jordan's one too. Can't say I've tried the Belvitas though...maybe one to add to the shopping list!

      Delete
  2. Asda have some that I can't remember the name of, but they're usually on a small stand with the single packs of the Nakd Raisins near all the vegetables. I really like those, especially the yogurt topped one (they have yogurt topped, carob topped and plain).

    And that was probably the most useless comment ever haha,

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird